Hi my name is Tal and I am eight years old. My family is travelling around Australia in a bus. I have decided to write about my travels on this blog. I have a little brother called Jarra who is nearly two and a sister called Rennie who is six.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Warrumbungle’s

We went to the Warrumbungle National Park and of course it was an excellent experience. The day after we got there we went on a 6.2 km walk through the bush/forest. One bit of the way was on bricks but the other was on dirt. The walk we went on was called spiry view. It had two fantastic views of the bread knife (a large rock that is shaped like a bread knife, well known by most people who visit and is used for rock climbing, I think). We took the pusher for Jarra for most of the way before we got to the narrow, steep and rocky track leading up to the views. We had lunch and saw some people on large rocks on the lower of the two views. The lower view was pretty but you didn’t have a view as good as the top one. The climb down was trickier than I thought but the walking sticks we had made it much easier. For the remainder of the afternoon I worked on the walking stick, with dad’s files, to make it look nicer than it was. And the next day I did the same thing, but only for a short time in the morning and afternoon. The reason for this was because Rennie, Dad, Jarra and I went for a kids walk called the ‘Kangaroo Hop’ with a lady ranger, then later on Mum, Rennie Jarra and I went ‘Pond Dipping’ with the same ranger and another lady ranger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home